Lubomír Lipský s Theatre

    
The salt house, erected in 1707 close to the ramparts, was destroyed by the fire that ravaged the town in 1766. The town neglected the ruins for many years, as it had no funds for the renewal of the building . The municipal council discussed the matter on many occasions and in 1836 decided that the roof should be repaired. This prevented any further deterioration of the building, but it had to wait for a reconstruction until 1895-1896; the result was the construction of a pseudo-Neo-Classical „National house“, by Stanislav Rokos, a local building contractor. The façade on the ground and first floor is decorated with moulded bossage, on the front of the theatre, divided by four pilasters, is a balcony with a semicircular vaulted window, flanked by niches topped by round windows. Extravagant stucco ornaments complete the decorations of the façade. At first even the interior of the theatre was richly decorated, e.g. there were portraits of outstanding personalities of the land, but they were removed in the reconstruction of 1968-1972. Only niches remain instead of the first windows on the right and left, windows continue only to the right – in the bossed band are square windows, higher up are semi-circular windows with stucco heads on keystones and triangular frontons; in the last row the windows are rectangular. The part, which houses the stage, has blind windows. The roof has a moulded attic with lesenes and vases. In 1922 double-flight stairs replaced the original gate to the salt house, topped by a stucco emblem of the town. Vegetal stucco motifs decorate the entire façade on the first floor. On the southern front is a plaque in memory of the visit of professor Thomas Garrique Masaryk in Pelhřimov. The free space between the theatre and the wall of the castle, originally a part of the ramparts, has been partially built-up to house the theatre's technical and administrative services. The building is accessible to the public.